Friday, May 11, 2007

Class is winding up.....

Hi All,

Classes are over in the day program now and here we are at the end of this adventure! I hope you had a positive experience in taking this non-traditional class.... From what you have written and photographed, I'd say it was a success...!

I need to get the grades in ASAP next week with the 15th (Tues) being the latest according to the registrar... She needs to get the grades for the graduating seniors especially. I am continuing to read everyone's papers and posts as well as post comments. Tuesday then is the final deadline for getting all of your work done.

This was the first time I asked students to create a blog to post their work to... It has paid off in many ways... Your photographs look so much better on your blog than pasted into a word document. I believe that your writing is better and more vital as you are writing for a larger audience than just me, the instructor. You are publishing out to the Web and I think you are proud of the results. There were a few kinks with the way blogger worked as Google recently bought them and in the transition there are still a couple of bugs... nothing too terrible though.

I will continue with this format for the time being. My greatest hope is that you found this experience enriching and will continue to enjoy visiting the many wonderful museums here in the Northeast and beyond.

Best wishes for a restful and enriching summer, everyone!

-Jerry

1 comment:

Beth Hollman said...

Jerry,

Thank you for everything! I have thoroughly enjoyed both classes I have taken with you. I am teaching others how to take better photos and encouraging them to take your class! I can see a big difference in the photos I take and I really love editing them. I take a lot fewer bad photos and even the iffy ones can be fixed with two minutes in Picasa! I wonder if I'll get a really great camera for my graduation present, or birthday...we'll see! Digital photography used to intimidate me, but not any more! I even showed my mom how to use her new Olympus (I also have an Olympus) and I didn't even need to read the book! I knew what all the functions were!!! (YAY me!)

Thank you for this great class also. Thank you for making me go to The Met and the Wadsworth and Yale. I otherwise might not have and I am kind of a museum junkie now!!! All of your feedback and kindness and guidance has been truly appreciated! You have helped me be a better photographer, observer, and writer!

I definitely hope I get the chance to meet you at graduation. You'll know who I am, because I will be the one with the biggest grin!!! haha Thanks for everything - see you Sunday!
Beth